Friday, July 22, 2011

Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ Training Shoe





Price: $90.00
(Nike.com)



The Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ is my first shoe that is used solely for training. I got the Metallic Silver/Metallic Cool Grey with High Voltage Yellow colorway. For sizing reference, I wear an 8.5 in other Nike shoes (such as the woman's Tiempo soccer cleats) and an 8.5 in the Nike Free XT fits perfectly.

Specs:
  • Nike Free technology for natural movement in all directions
    • Allows your feet to move as if they were barefoot
    • This natural motion builds strength and, by association, speed
  • Full-length midsole for excellent impact cushioning and underfoot comfort
  • Mid-fit system for increased stability in the upper
  •  Nike+ Technology
    • Use your iPhone, iPod, Nike watch, or Nike GPS to track statistics about your runs
    • Note: The above listed technologies do not come with the shoe. The shoe is merely compatible with the Nike+ technology, meaning that you can use the technology while wearing this training shoe
Used:
  • Cardio: 40 minutes walking
  • Weightlifting
    • Lower body (dumbbell squats, dumbbell dead lifts, lunges, sitting leg press, ect)


Pros:
  • Simulates barefoot mechanics while offering protection for your feet
  • Comfortable
  • Light weight
  • Side vents to allow heat to escape from the shoe

Cons:
  • Actual color of the shoe differs from what was online
  • Plastic-like material

How my body was feeling prior to wearing the shoe:
  • Right leg pain
    • Knee
    • Bottom of the foot (plantar fasciitis)
    • Tight muscles all over!
I did not want to stop training, but the shoe I was wearing to the gym was causing blisters and was, potentially, adding to my leg pain.

Cue the Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ Training Shoe. I had been sitting at my desk job all day, feeling like the muscles in my foot were going to snap. I got home, ripped open the packaging, and put on my Nike Frees. There was immediate relief and I could feel the difference in wearing the shoe as opposed to wearing Ballet flats or my previous gym shoe.


Verdict:
This shoe has been excellent. I had been looking for a shoe that I could use during weightlifting and light cardio sessions, and this is it.  When I picked it up out of the box, it felt cheap - almost plastic. But when I put it on I realized that it was super light. On the Nike website, the shoe looked more grey and the yellow wasn't very bright. When I got the shoe, it was actually silver and the yellow reminds me of yellow caution tape. Over the past week, the color has grown on me and I've really started to like it. The cushioning at the collar of the shoe makes it extremely comfortable around the ankle. When training in my old sneakers, I was constantly thinking about them and trying to get them to a comfortable fit on my foot. With the Nike Free, I can focus on my workout because the shoe is so comfortable.

This shoe has met my expectations and feels great on my feet. It was expensive, but the pain relief is worth the price.

Rating: 9.2/10

Purchase the Nike Free XT Motion Fit+ Training Shoe at Nike.com

3 comments:

  1. Nice review. I'm buying these in pink/black tomorrow :) I've always used a running shoe, but I feel the current Nike's (which are good) Air Span+ I bought a year ago are wearing out, plus for a gym workout... they're a bit too spongy for when I use weights. I don't really run outside anymore and not for more than 2-3kms max. So I'm opting for a training shoe for the gym :) Apparently these are also comfortable for running max 3kmish... So I'm going to try them out for a run as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @madilovesmerder
    Thanks for the feedback! Since my initial review I have done short distance running on a treadmill in these shoes and they have performed well. Let me know how they work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and that i have a nifty give: What Renovations Can You Claim On Tax average cost to remodel a house

    ReplyDelete