Friday, July 22, 2011

Under Armour Women's Coach's Polo



$44.99
(UnderArmour.com)

The UA Women's Coach's Polo was part of my work uniform last year. I was unsure of what size to get, so I got a large. I should've gone with the medium because the large was a little big in some places, but it was a comfortable fit nonetheless.

Specs:
  • Heatgear
  • 95% Polyester/ 5% Elastane

Pros:
  • Comfortable fabric
  • Better performance in warm weather than an average cotton polo
Cons:
  • Technology not as good as the men's alternative (male coworkers had them)
  • Material was thicker than expected
Final Verdict: I started work before the polo order came in, so I had to wear a black polo in 90 degree Fahrenheit weather. Needless to say, I was thankful when I received my polo as it was leaps and bounds better at keeping me dry and cool in the summer heat. That said, it pales in comparison to any of the men's polos in terms of performance. There was a difference in the feel of the material as well as the performance. It wasn't the quality I was expecting out of an Under Armour heat gear product, so I was disappointed. After wearing it for a year, I realized that it didn't keep me very cool on hot days.

Compared to a cotton polo, yes, this is an excellent choice. I'm not sure how I would rate it against other sports polos in the same price range. I have a polo from the Nike outlet that cost me less but has similar material and similar results. Look for a review of that polo coming soon.

Rating: 7.2/10

1 comment:

  1. This is really a great stuff in the polo wear,I must say.This is really good.I appreciate it.
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/athleticwear-athletic-polo.htm

    ReplyDelete