Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adidas Techfit PowerWEB Seasonal Tee (Men's)





Cost: $50.00 (Adidas.com)


Specs:
  • Ventilated Climacool technology
    • Meant to keep you dry and comfortable
  •  Formotion
    • Built to move with your body
  •  Techfit
    •  Very tight, form fit compression
  •  PowerWEB technology
    • Actively supports your upper body muscles
    • Addidas claims that htis boosts your power output and energy efficiency
  • 75% nylon/25% elastane tricot


Excercises done while wearing:
  • medium distance running (two to five miles)
  • high intensity interval training (sprints and elliptical)
  • weightlifting (Upperbody - machines and free weights)
  • Combination (short sprints, weightlifting, one mile run)
*Please note that this is a men's shirt, so the compression is not as tight as a compression shirt should be. 

This shirt helped to delay muscle failure during my upper body workout which allowed me to do an extra set or two on each exercise. I could feel the PowerWeb on the back when I was doing a rowing motion weight exercise. I sweat more than the average person does, but I was not self-conscious when I was wearing this shirt because it really did wick the sweat right off my skin. The Adidas Techfit PowerWeb shirt moved with my natural movements, which was awesome. It's like another layer of skin, not a shirt.


I still experienced delayed onset muscle soreness for three days after my upper body workout.

Pros:
  • Keeps away the sweat!
  • Comfortable, it moves with my body (Formotion Technology)
  • Effective moisture wicking (ClimaCool technology)
  • Ventilation keeps you cool (Techfit Technology)
  • Helps with running posture (PowerWeb technology)
  • Provides support for upper-body muscles (PowerWeb technology)
Cons:
  • Men's sizes - no women's t-shirt available
  • Few designs and colors available (Basic black or white, with this particular shirt being a special edition)




Because of the price of the Techfit and PowerWEB technology, I will not buy another Techfit PowerWEB shirt until Adidas releases a line for females. The female fit would make the shirt and technology more effective than when I wear the men's shirt. That said, I do like the product and hope that they make a female line soon.

[Edit: (a few months after this initial post) I had arm pain from doing tabata burpees longer than I should have, but I put on this shirt and it helped support my muscle which alleviated some of the pain. ]


Verdict: Overall, I prefer this shirt to my other base layers made by Nike and Under Armour because this actually kept me dry. If Adidas announces a female line, I will preorder a shirt because I really do love the Techfit and PowerWeb technology.


Rating: 8.8/10




You can purchase the Adidas Techfit PowerWeb shirt at Adidas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment