Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Under Armour's Tech Short Sleeve T














Price: $19.99
 (UnderArmour.com)


Specs:
  • Heatgear - use in warmer temperatures
  • Cotton-like feel with moisture transport
  • Loose fit
  • Flexible range of motion
  • Versatile and Comfortable, a gym bag essential
  • Raglan sleeves, reduced shoulder seam abrasion points
  • 95% 4.6 oz Polyester/ 5% Elastane
I got a medium sized Tech T as a gift. The fit is big on me and I have some room for "expansion," if you know what I mean. I have a women's sized medium that fit perfectly the first time I wore it, but shrunk in the wash.

Used:
  • Leisure, sitting, sleeping
  • Walking
  • Running
The Under Armour Tech T is very comfortable. I enjoy the feel of the fabric very much and prefer it to 100% cotton shirts. The visual is conservative, with the only visual feature of note being the seams located on the shoulder. Surprisingly, the seams do not cause any irritation on my skins meaning that the seams work as advertised.

For functionality, this shirt is ok for leisure activities like walking or going on a picnic. This shirt does not wick away heavy concentrations of sweat and moisture, a revelation that I came to after doing a high intensity interval cardio workout at the gym. I was pretty unhappy with it at that point, so I can't recommend wearing the shirt while do exercise.


Pros:
  • Super comfortable, more comfortable than a cotton t-shirt
  • Style and color offerings - multiple colors, styles include crew necks and v-necks
  • Good to wear to and from the gym
Cons:
  • Moisture wicking doesn't hold up during sweat-intense workouts
Verdict: I would buy one or two more of these shirts because they are comfortable, but the price is pretty expensive for a shirt that doesn't really absorb the sweat that accumulates under my arms while I walk - which is something that this shirt should be able to handle. The shirt that I am wearing at the moment was given to me for free, which makes me happier about that, but if I had to pay I wouldn't be as satisfied.

Rating: 8.3

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Really lied these Under Armour's Tech Short Sleeve T. Will have them for my brother. He will love them. Want to buy alo yoga pants for myself as have to join yoga class next week. Have heard from my friend that these pants are really awesome and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete