Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reebok's Play Dry Burnout Tee


Price: $19.99
(Dick's Sporting Good Store)









Specs:


    • 55% Polyester / 45% Cotton
    • Regular fit – not too tight, not too loose; perfect for all workouts and everyday activities
    • Play Dry fabric wicks moisture, accelerates evaporation, increases ventilation, reduces chaffing and doesn’t trap heat
    • Flattering v-neck design; cap sleeve for coverage and mobility

    Since this shirt is suppose to be "regular fit", I went with a large because the medium was too tight. I really enjoy the fit and feel of the shirt.

    Used:
    • 30 minute jog on campus (uphills, 60-75% depending on terrain, 88 degrees)

    I just got back from my run and felt compelled to review the Reebok Play Dry Burnout Tee.

    The feel of the Play Dry on my body reminded me of the Nike Pro because of the polyester. It's nice to have an athletic shirt that is this shade of green because, for whatever reason, I don't see it very often. I am also a fan of the v-neck style.

    My goal was to test Reebok's claim that the shirt moves moisture away from the skin, accelerates evaporation, increased ventilation, and doesn't trap heat inside of it. 

    The Play Dry Burnout tee failed in every regard and did worse than the Nike Pro I previously reviewed. This is because the shirt has a cotton component to it which decreases its speed of evaporation and increases its absorption and accumulation of sweat. After I completed my run, I could not believe how much sweat had collected in the shirt.


    Pros:
    • Stylish - Love the V-neck
    • Fits just right

    Cons:
    • Sweat accumulation in the shirt - the claimed accelerated evaporation does not work


    Verdict: As I finish writing this review, an hour after taking the shirt off and laying it on my table, the Reebok Play Dry Burnout tee still has sweat stains on it. So no, I will not buy this shirt or recommend it for you to try. 
    For your viewing pleasure, here is a post-run picture of the back of the shirt that I took with my phone:
    The Reebok Play Dry, post-30-minute-workout


    Rating: 5.5/10


          No comments:

          Post a Comment