Thursday, May 5, 2011

Under Armour's Recharge Compression Sock

Price: $19.99 (UnderArmour.com)

Specs:
  • Heatgear
  • Odor Control 
    • prevents growth of odor causing bacteria
  • Strategic ventilation
    • cushion in selective areas to provide shock absorption and protection
  • Embedded Arch Support reduces foot fatigue and bolsters circulation
  • Designed to reduce swelling, soreness time & fatigue
  • Strategic Compression promotes muscle repair by targeting & stabilizing muscles
  • 93% Nylon, 7% Lycra Spandex


I got this sock in a medium ( I wear a size 8.5 in women's shoes and size 7 in men's). I have owned it for six months.

Used:
  • Post workout recovery (after lower body workout routine - machine and free weights)
  • Post endurance cardio training (40+ minutes of running on hard surfaces)
The Recharge compression sock was very effective at helping my calfs and lower leg muscles recover quickly from a heavy lower body workout. I have very tight calf muscles, so I use these pretty often. I even wear them when I sleep because I've experienced charlie horses in the middle of the night. The only weakness I found was that there was no left/right label on them so if I wore them once they'd stretch out and I was unable to remember which sock went on which foot. Minor issue, of course.


As far as visuals go, you can get the sock in either white or black. The Under Armour logo is located on the top of the foot and the size of the sock is located near the arch of the foot. The Recharge logo is featured on the shin and where the sock meets the back of the knee.

Pros:
  • Does what it says: help your muscles recover be reducing postworkout swelling
  • Very tight fit, even for men's sizes
  • Comfortable
Cons:
  • No left/right label on the socks
  • Doesn't seem structurally sound
    • Abnormal stretching at the anlke
    • Pulls in the fabric
Verdict: I got the Under Armour Recharge Compression sock to experience UA's recharge technology for a relatively cheap price (UA's other recharge apparel costs $79.99 to $129.99). A little "L" or "R" label on each of the socks (near the toes where it would be out of sight) would make this item perfect. I was pretty happy with how well this item works for me and I use frequently wear it. I would definitely recommend the Recharge Compression sock to friends who are looking for relief from lower leg pain and relief of muscle tightness in the calf and foot. Also great to wear after you do calf raises.


No comments:

Post a Comment