Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nike Pro - Core Fitted Women's Training Shirt


 Price: $25 (Nike.com)











Specs: 
  • Non-restrictive fit for comfort and mobility
  • Made with performance fabric to help keep you dry 
  • Swoosh design trademark at left chest
  • Fabric: Dri-FIT 84% polyester/18% spandex
Let me explain the Dri-Fit and Nike Pro technology according to what Nike says:
Dri-Fit is a polyester based fabric meant to wick away sweat and keep you dry and comfortable.
Nike Pro is a four-way stretch Dri-Fit material that is also suppose to wick away sweat to keep you dry and comfortable.
(That sounds like the same thing to me... but continuing on)

Excercises done while wearing the Nike Pro Core Fitted shirt:
  • High intensity interval training (sprints and elliptical on high resistance)
  • Short distance running (two miles)
  • Weightlifting
  • Calisthenics
  • Combination (Jog a mile, stretch, weight lift, jog another mile at a faster pace than the first)
I sweat a ridiculous amount when I'm at the gym. I like to think that it is because I am working at my limit, but deep down it is probably because of my genetics. I'm sweat-prone. This means that my cotton t-shirts are drenched at the end of my workout compared to other people in the gym.

The first time I wore the Nike Pro Core Fitted shirt, I went on a two mile run with medium intensity (6.8 pace on the treadmill, 2.5 incline). Imagine my surprise when I finish and realized that I have huge sweat marks on my shirt. Please, refer to the descriptions of Dri-Fit and Nike Pro as defined above. This shirt did not wick away my sweat! Pretty disappointed because it did not meet my expectations. Despite the negatives, I did enjoy the feel of the fabric. Super comfortable and stretchy.

Pros:
  • Variety of color options
  • V-Neck (stylish)
  • Comfortable (Nike Pro/Dri-Fit
Cons:
  • Sweat accumulation (and in the typical danger zones: armpits, chest, back)

Verdict: I will not buy another one of this shirts for the purpose of exercising. I look super hot in the color and I love the V-neck style, but it doesn't serve the purpose I was expecting which is to wick away my sweat!

Rating: 7.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment